Best Windows ASP.NET MS-SQL Hosting Services
Who needs Windows hosting? If you are installing a website that requires .NET, ASP, Cold Fusion, Microsoft Access or MS SQL database technology, then yes, you are on the right page and you’ll need Windows-based web hosting.
The biggest confusion we see is people that want to start their first website and assume the fact they use the Windows operating system locally, that they will also need Windows web hosting. Wrong. If that is you, go with Linux shared web hosting because it’ll be considerably cheaper and it’s what most websites use.
Now, if you are needing to host a script that is built with ASP or .NET code, then YES, Windows hosting is the right choice for you. Below, we’ve listed our top Windows hosting choices. We list the benefits and explain the service in detail to help you make the perfect choice for your Windows hosting needs. Let’s get started with our #1 choice…
Arvixe Awarded Best Windows Hosting Service!
$57.60 for 1 year
$33.60 for 6mo
*Includes 20% Coupon
Instant 20% Discount on Arvixe Windows via T5A!
- Unlimited disk space and bandwidth transfer on all plans.
- Use coupon TFA20 to save 20% off any Windows plan. Includes free domain.
- Host 6 websites on their smallest plan or upgrade to Pro for unlimited.
- Supports ASP.NET v2, 3.5, 4.5, ASP .NET MVC, MS SQL 2012, LINQ and Access.
- ColdFusion is an additional $5/mo per domain.
- MS SQL Reporting Service is $5/mo.
- 60 day money back guarantee.
Arvixe already had the most competitive Windows hosting prices in the industry, then they took it a step forward by offering our visitors a 20% instant discount. Click the red button below to claim the offer and have the coupon auto-inserted on your order to ensure your savings.
Arvixe Windows hosting using WebSitePanel for the control panel and supports the following Windows technologies:
- ASP.NET v2, v3.5 and v4.5.
- The latest ASP .NET MVC framework.
- MSSQL 2012 Databases.
- Microsoft Access Databases.
- JScript .NET
Besides these included technologies, you can add ColdFusion support for $5/mo per domain you need support on and you can ad MSSQL reporting service to your entire plan for $54/mo as well.
Regarding the actual plans, we’ve reported the real cost in our pricing above which is what you should expect to pay during checkout. All Windows hosting plans include a free domain name for the life of your web hosting plan.
PersonalClass ASP: Includes access to unlimited disk space and bandwidth and it allows you to host 6 websites on the same plan before needing to upgrade. $96 for 2 years, $57.60 for 1 year, $33.60 for 6 months, or $6.40 paid monthly after your 20% off discount through Top Five Advisor.
PersonalClass ASP Pro: This will unlock hosting for unlimited domains if you need to host more than 6 websites. Your cost at checkout will be $153.60 for 2 years, $86.40 for 1 year, $48.00 for 6 months, or $8.80 monthly.
Important: Only through our link here can you order anything besides the 2 year plan. After clicking the red button below, click “Order Now” where you can select your plan duration. If you go to the website directly, there’s currently no option besides 2 years.
MyHosting Windows Hosting
$83.40 1 Year
Use coupon Business695 for $6.95/mo hosting.
- Instant $30 off + 20% off coupon code only works for the 1 year plan.
- Hosted on Windows Server 2008.
- Microsoft Silverlight support for rich interactive application delivery.
- Microsoft Exchange email service with SpamExperts service included.
- 30 day money back guarantee.
MyHosting Windows hosting services are a bit more expensive than what we’ve seen but thankfully with the coupon you are being offered here from Top Five Advisor, it makes it much more manageable at $6.95/mo over their standard $9.95/mo+ rate. Unfortunately, the Business695 coupon code will only work on the 1 year plan, so if you want to pay monthly, your rate will be considerably higher. In fact, if you select the 6 month plan during checkout, the price is actually more than the 1 year plan with our coupon code applied.
Supported Windows hosting technologies:
- ASP.NET 4.0 only.
- MS SQL 2005 only.
- Microsoft Silverlight for AJAX, VB, C#, Python and Ruby code.
- Visual Studio.
- IIS 7.0.
One really nice thing about MyHosting is that they offer an upgrade pathway to a Windows VPS. Most Windows hosts only offer shared Windows hosting and dedicated servers, but with MyHosting, you can upgrade to a Windows VPS plan later on for $34.95/mo when you site needs it.
HostGator Windows Hosting
$76.32 for 1 year.
$47.76 for 6mo
Save 20% off HostGator Windows hosting via T5A.
- Unlimited space and bandwidth on all Windows hosting plans.
- Personal plan allows 1 domain to be hosted per plan.
- Enterprise plan allows 5 domains (see pricing below).
- Hosted on Windows 2008 servers with Plesk control panel.
- Supports ASP.NET 2.0, 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5.
- Unlimited MSSQL and MySQL databases allowed.
- 45 day money back guarantee.
HostGator continues to be a massive brand and is still very popular for those needing Windows hosting. Although they are now a brand owned by Endurance International Group, they continue to have a good reputation from those using their Windows hosting.
Supported Windows hosting technologies include:
- ASP.NET 2.0, 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5. Classic ASP also supported.
- MSSQL. HostGator allows unlimited MSSQL databases.
- Microsoft Access databases
- IIS 7
HostGator Windows Hosting Plans
All HostGator Windows plans include unlimited disk space, bandwidth. instant backups, 99.9% uptime guarantee, free setup, unlimited domain aliases, subdomains and more. Here’s the differences:
- Windows Personal: Allows 1 domain. Private SSL available. $2/mo for dedicated IP. These prices include a 20% instant discount from using our red button below: 3 years $171.36, 2 years $133.44, 1 year $76.32, 6 months $47.76, or $7.96 for the first month.
- Windows Enterprise: Allows 5 domains. Includes free private SSL and a free dedicated IP address for one website. These prices include a 20% discount automatically applied with our button: 3 years $516.96, 2 years $363.84, 1 year $191.52, 6 months $95.76, or $15.96 for the first month.
DiscountASP Windows Hosting
$60 for 1 Year
Exclusive $5/mo 50% off discount offer via T5A!
- Windows hosting is their specialty. They have all Windows technologies.
- 1GB web space with 80GB data transfer in an isolated app pool.
- Choose between Windows 2012 or Windows 2008 servers.
- Choose between USA or Europe datacenter.
- 50% off discount includes free setup $25 savings.
- 30 day money back guarantee.
Shared Linux hosting customers have many hosts to choose from that focus specifically on Linux, why shouldn’t you have a host that focuses specifically on Windows web hosting? DiscountASP is that company. One of the biggest benefits of this is you will get technical support representatives that deal with and understand Windows hosting and won’t confuse your questions with that of a standard Linux hosting question.
They may not have the prettiest website but the backend technologies they support more than make up for it. Here’s a sampling of the Windows hosting technologies they support:
- ASP.NET 2.0, 3.5, 4.52. Classic ASP 3.0.
- ASP.NET MVC 5.
- Full Trust ASP support on shared hosting due to isolated application pool.
- Windows 2012 with IIS 8.x or Windows 2008 with IIS 7.x
- Microsoft Silverlight, LINQ, nose.js, WebSockets and AJAX hosting.
- Flash, shockwave and http audio/video streaming.
- MS Access database included.
Unlike other hosts, DiscountASP includes MS SQL databases hosted on separate server environments. The problem is they charge add-on fees for MS SQL database access. Considering all the databases they offer in various configurations and various reporting services, we’ve included a screenshot so that you can see what the fees are. See below.
The add-on summary here is you can expect to pay $10/mo for a MS SQL database with 1GB of space and 1GB transaction log.
Claim your DiscountASP instant 50% off discount using the red button below.
Omnis Windows Hosting
$107.40 for 1 Year
$190.80 for 2 Years
Featured US-based customer support.
- Unlimited disk space and unmetered bandwidth.
- US-based 24x7 customer support with no outsourcing.
- Free domain registration.
- ASP Classic and ASP.NET 3.5 Supported.
- 30 day money back guarantee.
We’ve already reviewed other Windows web hosting services which are included below for your reference.
- 1and1 Windows Hosting Review – On the 1and1 web hosting page, look for “Choose Your Operating System” and select Windows to see the 3 Windows hosting packages they offer. Their cheapest plan is just $0.99/mo for 12 months for a total of $11.88 due at checkout. You can also order a free domain through their service or transfer an existing domain. Supports all .NET frameworks through 4.5 including ASP.NET classic. MS SQL 2012 and MySQL 5 are available with 1GB space.
- Lunarpages Windows Hosting Review – For 12 months of service with Lunarpages, your total cost will be $131.40 excluding upsells they offer. Any Windows plan ordered less than 1 year prepay requires a $30 setup fee. 1 MS SQL database is $10/mo more. All plans include unlimited disk space and bandwidth.