ASP.NET Windows Hosting Explained
What is Windows ASP.NET?
Windows developed the web application framework called ASP.NET to allow users the ability to build their own dynamic websites, web services as well as web applications. It was released with the 1.0 version back in 2002 as a successor for Microsoft ASP.
ASP.NET Comparison for Versions .NET 2.0, .NET 3.5 and .NET 4.0.
ASP.NET 2.0 Features Include:
- Supports 64-bit platform as compared to the earlier version that is only available in the 32-bit platforms.
- Support for ACL or Access Control List
- .NET Micro Framework
- Improved web controls
- CLR Features
ASP.NET 3.5 Features Include:
- The enhanced version for ASP.NET 3.0
- Uses the same CLR for ASP.NET 2.0
- .NET Framework 2.0 SP1 installed
- .NET Framework 3.0 SP1 installed
ASP.NET 4.0 Features Include:
- Parallel Extensions
- Code Contracts Support
- Visual Basic .NET
- Entity Framework
- Windows Workflow Foundation
- Dynamic dispatch support
Why Use ASP.NET
- Building large applications would be less daunting when you are using ASP.NET whether it’s 2.0, 3.5 or 4.0
- Website development made simple
- Language Flexibility- It supports many scripts such as Microsoft C#, Visual Basic .NET, VBScript, Jscript, and many others.
Uses for ASP.NET
The .NET framework is a collection of libraries that programmers use to find the right codes in writing their software. With the use of ASP.net Windows Hosting you can easily create a website or webpage. With Windows Hosting, ASP.NET even improves the web designer’s ability to create, edit and improve the design of their sites. Since the .NET framework contains a vast number of codes that you can use for whatever purpose you need, you don’t need to start from scratch with creating your codes.
A vast number of applications can be created with the use of ASP.NET Windows Hosting. You can create a web game application, chat application or any other application you wish to add on your web page. Any Windows-based web programming can benefit from ASP.NET.