InMotion Hosting Web Hosting Review
In addition, they have been a member of the Better Business Bureau since 2002, and their membership was confirmed again for the year 2011. In 2003, they were awarded a “3 Star Certified Service Provider” by the very well thought of website, CNET.
As with all of our reviews for web hosting company’s, we do our very best to fully examine the good, bad, and downright ugly aspects of each firm, and then let our readers know exactly how we feel about them. Over the many years that we have been in businesses, we have come to fully understand what our visitors consider the most important features that a web hosting company provides, and below you will find those broken down into categories.
Save Over 50% Off Instantly!No coupon code required. Click this button to activate an instant discount that saves over 50% off InMotion Hosting’s normal hosting rates.
InMotion Hosting ProsInMotion Hosting provides top-tier US-based toll-free customer support and a vast array of web hosting choices from shared hosting to dedicated servers. Offers multiple data centers to choose from with their business plan.
InMotion Hosting ConsTo get unlimited domains with InMotion Hosting, you have to go with their Pro business plan which starts at a very expensive $15.99 per month at their normal rate.
InMotion Hosting Web Hosting Packages
The web hosting company InMotion Hosting offers three different levels for their business hosting. All hosting plans that they offer include unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwidth, free data backups, a 90-day money back guarantee and between $275-$300 in free advertising credits. There are some differences between the plans which is explained below:
- Launch Plan: This plan is $3.49/mo after our discount and includes web hosting for 2 websites including 2 databases and 6 parked domains. For most customers, we recommend starting with this plan.
- Power Plan: This plan is $4.49/mo after our discount and includes access to hosting for 6 websites. It also includes 50 databases and up to 26 parked domains.
- Pro Plan: This plan is $7.49/mo with our discount and includes access to unlimited websites hosted, unlimited databases and unlimited parked domains. Additionally, you’ll get access to “Pro level” support, however, in our experience with our shared hosting plan we own, they are more than willing to help you should complications arise.
InMotion Hosting Discount Ordering Walk-Through
InMotion Hosting offers several options to get help with your business hosting account. They not only offer your support, but they go way above and beyond what we’d expect from a web hosting company. Let’s go over their support options now:
- Telephone Support: Phone support is available 24x7x365. This includes access to a local toll number and a toll-free number as well. Support is handled in-house by USA support representatives which is a huge plus for most that cannot understand Indian accents. Their sales support is available Mon-Fri 8AM – Midnight and Sat-Sun 9AM – 9PM. This is opposite of most hosts where they typically place a heavier focus on SALES and not SUPPORT.
- Email Support: InMotion Hosting has a support page that lists direct access to email addresses for various departments.
- Ticket System: In the Account Management Panel (AMP), you’ll have priority access to their ticket system to get support. Additionally, emails that are sent to their support are routed to this ticket system for easier tracking and followup.
- Support Center: Wow, this thing is impressive. InMotion Hosting has over 3,000 help documents that will help you with anything you can think of. Additionally, the help documents we’ve found are very in-depth with screenshots, in-depth explanations and guides that help the beginner through advanced users. This section is amazing and one of the best support centers we’ve seen by any host.
- Social Media: InMotion Hosting actively monitors and replies to issues they see from their customers in Twitter.
After claiming our discount, we have found the pricing to be extremely competitive. As we showed in the video walk-through above, you can get business-class web hosting for just $47.94 for an entire year. We’ve found hosts that charge over $20 per month for quality web hosting which shows how expensive web hosting can get.
Additionally, if you skip the domain registration and get your domain through GoDaddy as explained above, you’ll save even more with your domain costing less than $3 for the first year.
Of course, if you’d like to upgrade your plan after your first year of hosting, their normal rates are substantially higher.
Each business hosting plan offered by this company comes with $275-300 in free advertising. This includes a $100 credit to start advertising on Google Adwords after investing just $25. Besides Google, they also offer a $75 credit for Yahoo/Bing ads, $75 in free clicks on Amazon product placement ads and a free business listing on YP.com.
During our marketing promotions evaluation, we decided to take advantage of the free business listing with YellowPages that is offered in the AMP. We registered our TopFiveAdvisor listing and didn’t have any problems claiming the offer. Of course, we recommend using a service like Google Voice if you don’t have an official business telephone number that you want public.
Ease of Use & Quality
As we showed in the video above, it is extremely easy to setup your web hosting account with InMotion Hosting. We feel the ordering process can be streamlined a little bit with less pages being required, however, it is still easy to navigate and the entire process is explained along the way.
Their website, as a whole, is easy to use, especially the help section which we’ve already gone over. If you have any problems finding anything, scroll all the way to the bottom of their website and check out their footer section. It is loaded with useful links that will take you to their most popular site sections.
InMotion Hosting Overall Rating
We use InMotion Hosting and setup hundreds of clients with this web hosting provider. Overall, the majority of our clients are thrilled to use their service and usually renew their web hosting package when it is ready to expire. With their 90-day money back guarantee, free SSD, expansive support section and excellent customer service, you cannot go wrong ordering your hosting through them.
If this is going to be the first website that you are putting up on the Internet, you’ll find comfort in using their service. Their support section is newbie-friendly and ticket response times have always been excellent for us. Additionally, when we’ve had to call them for time-sensitive problems, we love that their customer support reps are from USA and speak fluent English.
We’d love to hear about your experience with IMH. Please scroll down and leave your star rating and category ratings along with your in-depth review of your experience so far.